Ever since my dad brought home that first game of Pong, I’ve been fascinated by new media, and the opportunities and challenges they bring. Mobile devices, multimedia (especially using video), data apps and social media are exciting areas for journalism, full of great potential — and pitfalls as well. I’m interested in finding and sharing the best ways forward in telling great stories and building the audience for news.
I’m a sucker for great graphics, so it’s always a treat to see some of the roundups of the best of the year.
The Washington Post showed off some of their best, and they’re impressive.
Fast Company has a nice roundup of some of the best from all over.
And the Information is Beautiful award winners are amazing.
- Telling stories with Vines
- Interesting elections projects in multimedia and mobile
- Ethical Help for Journalists
- Web Video 2.0?
- Mobile video continues to grow
- Improving your tweets, FB posts
- Creating the digital book
- Interesting data on tablets purchases and use this week
- Catching up on the best multimedia of the year